- Women of NASA
- LEGO Ideas
Follow in the footsteps of 4 pioneering women of NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration—America’s space agency) with this fun and inspiring LEGO® Ideas 21312 Women of NASA set. Build the Hubble Space Telescope and learn astronomy with the ‘Mother of Hubble' Nancy Grace Roman. Develop the software for space missions with computer scientist Margaret Hamilton. And launch the space shuttle with Sally Ride, the first American woman to fly in space, and Mae Jemison, the world's first woman of colour in space. Build, play, learn and one day you too could become a science, technology, engineering or mathematics superstar!
- Build, play and learn from inspiring women of NASA!
- Discover exciting STEM professions with this Women of NASA set, featuring 4 minifigures, Hubble Space Telescope, iconic Margaret Hamilton scene and Space Shuttle Challenger with launchpad.
- Explore the professions of some of the groundbreaking women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) with the LEGO® Ideas 21312 Women of NASA set. It features minifigures of 4 pioneering women of NASA— astronomer and educator Nancy Grace Roman, computer scientist and entrepreneur Margaret Hamilton, astronaut, physicist and entrepreneur Sally Ride and astronaut, physician and engineer Mae Jemison—and 3 builds illustrating their areas of expertise. Role-play space exploration from planning to moon landing, beginning with the iconic scene from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1969 of Hamilton with software that she and her team programmed. Build the posable Hubble Space Telescope and launch a LEGO version of the Space Shuttle Challenger with 3 removable rocket stages. The science toy also includes a booklet about the 4 featured women of NASA, and the fan creator and LEGO designers of this fun and educational set.
• Includes 4 minifigures: Nancy Grace Roman, Margaret Hamilton, Sally Ride and Mae Jemison.
• Features 3 LEGO® builds illustrating the areas of expertise of the 4 featured women of NASA.
• Nancy Grace Roman’s build features a posable Hubble Space Telescope with authentic details and a projected image of a planetary nebula.
• Margaret Hamilton's build features a stack of book elements, representing the books of listings of Apollo Guidance Computer (AGC) onboard flight software source code.
• Sally Ride and Mae Jemison’s build features a launchpad and Space Shuttle Challenger with 3 removable rocket stages.
• Also includes printed nameplates for each of the 4 women featured in this set.
• Great for role-playing space exploration missions.
• Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the 4 featured women of NASA, the set's fan creator and the LEGO designers.
• Nancy Grace Roman's build measures over 2" (7cm) high, 3” (9cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
• Margaret Hamilton’s build measures over 2" (6cm) high, 3” (8cm) wide and 1” (4cm) deep.
• Sally Ride and Mae Jemison’s build measures over 4" (12cm) high, 3” (10cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Laygo users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Write a product review